This webinar produced by the NFSI will cover the history of Tribometry and examine the various portable tribometers both past and present. Participants will be able to distinguish between Static Coefficient of Friction (SCOF) and Dynamic Coefficient of Friction (DCOF) and determine which device can measure SCOF, DCOF, both or another measurement term. An overview of the NFSI B101.0 Walkway Surface Auditing Procedure for the Measurement of Walkway Slip Resistance is provided. Once completed, participants will have a broad knowledge base of friction, tribology and tribological systems.
- NFSI B101.1 and B101.3 Standards Are Now the Official Slip Resistance Test Methods of the Protective Coatings Industry
- National Floor Safety Institute Comments on Stairway Falls
- Straight Talk: The Value and Impact of Cleaning Industry Standards
- NFSI To Host Slip, Trip and Fall Prevention Symposium in 2023
- Public Review Notice – Comment Deadline is Monday, June 13, 2022