2020 CPSC’s National Electronic Injury Surveillance System (NEISS) collects current injury data associated with consumer products from U.S. hospital emergency departments across the country. Consisting of a national probability sample of hospitals of differing sizes and locations, NEISS provides national estimates of the number and types of consumer product-related injuries. The 2019 NEISS estimates have been produced from a sample of 96 hospitals, including children’s hospitals. Information from NEISS is available to the public through CPSC’s National Injury Information Clearinghouse online at www.cpsc.gov/en/Research–Statistics/NEISS-Injury-Data/. Presented below are the estimated number of injuries, coefficient of variation (CV), and the estimated rate of injury per 100,000 population in the United States and territories that were treated in hospital emergency departments. As you can see Stairs, Ramps, Landings and Floors is the leading cause of injuries in the United States.
- January 2023 NFSI Household Floor Cleaner Study
- Assessment of Perceived and Measured Tribometer Readings in Evaluating Wet Barefoot Slip Resistance: A Gait-Based Approach
- Public Review Notice – Comment Deadline is Wednesday, June 14, 2023
- Russell Kendzior on the Frank Morano Show
- RUSS KENDZIOR ON THE RALPH NADER RADIO HOUR