Knowing which slip resistance tester (Tribometer) can often be confusing. Tribometers 101, is a four hour session that will cover a wide range of information related to the use and application of portable tribometers. Learning objectives include:
- The science behind the measurement of slip resistance
- SCOF, DCOF, TCOF whats the difference?
- Tribometer types, use and operation
- Which device is appropriate for your application
- Industry standards associated with specific tribometers
- Should you test under wet or dry conditions
- Test sensor materials and types
- Calibration methods
- Tribometers and the legal system. What the courts require.
- What to do with the test results
Upon completion, attendees are eligible to register for Tribometers 102 which is a four hour lab whereby attendees can gain hands-on experience using a wide range of portable devices.